Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Mitsubishi 2007 NS Pajero I have ruptured a CV on the stick

Customer Question

Hi
Mitsubishi 2007 NS Pajero
I have ruptured a CV on the stick at the beach
How do I remove the axle from the diff?
Have stripped it down so the axle is only connected to the diff
Is the axle knocked out with a hammer two the outer cv
Let's know how ....
(I have seen the other method using a cone and sliding the boot over the outer cv .
What's the best method
TAA
New Zealand
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and ready to help. The inner part of that drive axle is held in by a spring type clip at the end of the stub shaft , so you have to either pry or drive it out. What I usually do is to drive it out using a bar and hammer hitting it on the joint housing closest to the diff. Have someone hold the outer part of the axle as you hit the bar driving that housing away from the diff. It would be good to replace the axle .I will supply you with some pics and a video that may help. although the vehicle in the video may not me yours it is however the same process .

As you notice they are different so look closely at the ends, one bolts on the other has to be driven out and carefully taped back in as per the video I sent.

here is a pic of that clip holding the axle in, always good to replace them too.

Hope this hels and if you need further assistance let me know and please rate my service, thank you.