Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

We are not able to register key in 02/08 outlander doors do

Customer Question

we are not able to register key in 02/08 outlander doors do not lock unlock to reister cat is in programme mode
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes as original key that worked has gone missing al , the current fob will unlock/lock doosr but not start car the feul pump can be heard and what sounds like starter solinoid the car is in park when trying to start
JA: What year is your Outlander?
Customer: \08
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just key registration
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thts all
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the dianosis pins 1 & 4 have been bridged as per answers found on net , i hope it is the fact it may be taking longer than 10sec from bridging the pins and getting to the hazard switch , but incase you have any other sugjestions please feel free to comment
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the starter is clicking this can be an issue with the starter itself and not a key registration fault here.I have seen issues where the starter can start to fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.I would have the starter circuits tested further to see if the starter needs replaced for sure here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete