Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My Nissan car radio code has 2 zeros, how do I reset the

Customer Question

My Nissan car radio code has 2 zeros, how do I reset the code when the radio doesn't have a zero button, am I missing something?.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models the first digit the code starts at on the display is a 0 or when you go to the next number to enter it starts off as a 0 with no change needed.On other models the button has to be pressed something like 10 to 11 times to get to the 0 to input the 0 you need.If neither of these work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete, tried your suggestions, no luck, now all I get is the err message which I can't get rid of even switching off the radio and back on still gives me flashing Err. Sorry. Any more ideas what the problem might Be?.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

The err is to indicate an incorrect code was entered.What has to be done from here usually is to either leave the key on for an hour or more or drive the vehicle for an hour to reset it back to inputting the code.I will see if others here have info on how to input this code.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete