Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Nissan Pathfinder 1996 R50. 3.2L petrol engine. Rust has

Customer Question

Hi there! Nissan Pathfinder 1996 R50. 3.2L petrol engine. Rust has compromised one of the pipes for the power steering line. Fluid escaping under pressure. Wondering what name of part to search for to replace? The pipe seems to be part of a whole unit and not a separate part that can be replaced Regards Paul
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Vehicle has been out of use for quite a long time. Trying to get mobile again. Not sure of levels but before being taken out of use it had a recent service. Noises only today after it sprung a leak through the pipe. Became hard to turn wheels so immediately stopped and turned off engine.
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we are doing general maintenance on lots of things. Mostly non mechanical though. This just happened out of the blue. It seems to be a part that would we quite a bit of work to replace?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thank you, ***** ***** thinking....
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

Do you mean the 3.2 diesel or the 3.3 petrol .

Could you send a photo of the part will help .

Greg