sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2006 Nissan Xtrail and had it serviced. When it

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Xtrail and had it serviced . When it came back I had no radio/ cd working . I tried to reset it but put wrong code number in. Now it won't change from err even though I have left car and radio going for over an hour as advised hoping for code to reappear to no avail please help
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I have the right number now but cannot put it in as code has not reappeared
JA: What is the model of your '06 Nissan?
Customer: Xtrail
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had a couple of mechanics have a look but to no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: All good
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the wrong code has been entered and it is locked then it should just be a matter of getting back to being able to enter the code again, and then entering the correct code. Have you disconnected the battery, reconnected it and then see if it will again allow you to enter the code?