Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have done my left hand over head cam shaft in my 180

Customer Question

HI Paul I have done my left hand over head cam shaft in my 180 kompresser 2002 model. Ihave done 200000km is that normal and if i had it fix could you give me a rough estimate of cost to repair,
JA: What is the model of your '02 Mercedes?
Customer: coupe two door
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing it is still in my drive way
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases components like this here can fail prematurely causing this issue here.This may be the case on your model here even with the KM on it now.I show a cost of around $850 and 4.6 hours labor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete