nelson freitas
nelson freitas,
Experience:  AutomotiveTechnician at brantford toyota
96947379

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander: Can I remove the seat to install

Customer Question

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander:
JA: Are you fixing your Outlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Can I remove the seat to install a car audio amp underneath? If I disconnect the battery, then remove seat bolts, then disconnect the air bag and seat belt wires, will that be OK? (if they are reconnected before the battery is reconnected.)
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: Nothing is acting up. I just want to set up amplifiers under the seat and to do this I must remove the seat.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it ok to reconnect the battery before the air bag wires are reconnected and the seat reinstalled?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an automotive technician for over 12 years now. And I am currently working at a Toyota Dealership.

Whenever I need to remove a seat or any other component like that I usually do not disconnect the battery. You will be ok to park the car remove the key from the ignition, and then proceed to remove the seat bolts, tilt the seat back and disconnect the connectors. the only thing you need to be careful with is when disconnecting the airbag connector(it will be yellow). there is usually some type double clip that hold the two connectors together. If you are careful with it you don't need to worry about breaking it, just take a minute to look closely and it will come apart easily.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Nelson

Also If I have been helpful please leave feedback accordingly, Thank you

Do you require any further assistance with this problem?

If so please let me know, I'ld like to help.

If not and I have been helpful can you please leave feedback accordingly.

Thank you,

Nelson