sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My wrangler 2013 auto recently has started playing up with

Customer Question

Hi, my wrangler 2013 auto recently has started playing up with regards ***** ***** it. I'll turn the key to accessories and the radio turns on, the go to turn the key to start and all power turns off and nothing happens. At this point I lock the car with the key (central locking in the keys won't work) then unlock it start again and it works. The radio resets itself too.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's in park. I'm not sure though it probably does. I havnt done anything different though in the last few months since I've owned it. Although it seems to have started after I drove on a dirt road
JA: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well once I lock the car with the key and unlock it, it seems to reset the computer or something
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the only problem I have
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a handful of things going on and it will take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what the issue is. It sounds lie you may have an issue with the wireless control module, but it may be a power distribution, wiring or bus communication issue.

Do you see the S***** *****ght flash or stay on solid at the time the engine doesn't start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No all lights go off like there's no power. It only started after I drove on a corrugated dirt road
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lock buttons on the key won't even work.

The vehicle goes electrically dead then when attempting to crank the engine? That would usually be caused by a poor connection at one of the battery terminals.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I'll check it out, thanks

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That was the problem thanks
Great,I'm glad to hear it!