Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2014 mazda sp25gt and when I walk away from the

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2014 mazda sp25gt and when I walk away from the car, I noticed it isn't locking by itself
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a mazda 3
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's just been transported from Sydney to Brisbane, and it was okay before I tried it tonight
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure no settings were accidentally turned off in the drivers information controls.In some cases this can be a setting that is turned on and off and it may have been switched off causing this here.If this is or was already checked and all settings are o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete, all settings are okay. Bonnet was opened and closed as well as all doors and boot lid. Still nothing.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hello.

The next thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set with this issue here.There may be one or more fault codes set related to this issue here needing diagnosed to help locate the fault here.This may be an issue with a component like a body control module needing reprogrammed or replaced as usually a contol unit like this here controls the automatic locking and unlocking features.Make sure no extra key or remote is in the vehicle as this can cause this fault as well if left in the vehicle.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete