sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

No power at all no lights on on the dash no door chimes.

Customer Question

No power at all no lights on on the dash no door chimes. Have power at some parts of fuse panels
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consist no powee
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2011 ford f150 fx2 ecoboost
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have tested fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the vehicle is nearly electrically dead then the most likely cause would be a dead battery, assuming the connections are clean and tight. If connections are ok then the next thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I solved the problem a while ago. Terminals were clean and tight I had power at the fuse box but was completely dead everywhere else it was like the battery was disconnected. The issue was the BMS ( battery monitoring system) once the battery downs below a certain voltage it goes into a lock out mode and cuts the power to everything. I tried to jump start it but still remained locked out. I found that if I removed the neg terminal put jumper cable on the pos and one on the block I could start the truck then refit the neg terminal. This got me home. Just thought I'd let you know as it may help in the future. 04 to current ford f150 are fitted with this system. Thanks for your help tho
I'm glad you got it repaired.