Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I turned the car off while in reverse now it wont start and

Customer Question

I turned the car off while in reverse now it wont start and shows up r on dash lights
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no I have not where are they located
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: ferrari f430 2007
JA: Are you fixing your F430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rocking the car back and forth and holding both paddle shits
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just that
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like the computer thinks it is still in reverse even though it is not.Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it as this sometimes works to reset the computer.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete