Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

C1A55 Ignition switch input circuit on my Range Rover And

Customer Question

C1A55 Ignition switch input circuit on my Range Rover And it's not allowing me to raise my air suspension even after I've changed the air compressor system.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No no. It's Air suspension.
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: The actual suspension is fine, all errors are cleared except for an error on the dash LED that says "START VEHICLE TO RAISE" 2008 So in essence the Suspension ECO isn't seeng that the car has started.
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: sorry… ECU No no. I've had my mechanic change the compressor, and an auto elec check on this problem. But they can't seem to find why it's not working. Trying to get as many answers as possible before reverting to a Dealer booking.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: hmm pretty much it.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like the ignition input has been lost to the suspension control unit ecu.This in some cases can be due to corroded or broken wiring leading to the ecu/controller needing repaired or replaced.I would have the voltage signals tested to the ecu to see if an issue is found with the main power input as well as ignition input.If these are all checked and found o.k. this can be the ecu itself at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete