Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

2014 Q70 - would not start this morning - brake peddle feels

Customer Question
dead/hard vs. normal compression -...
2014 Q70 - would not start this morning - brake peddle feels dead/hard vs. normal compression - all lights and power come on normally and engine sounds like its trying to quickly fire over and over, then stops. Brake peddle remained dead and hard as I repeated a few times before giving up and taking another car. Same thing happened once on my old M35 and I think there was a reset of some kind with the physical key in the drivers door? Other symptom is that yesterday I moved the car from my driveway into the garage - so, quick ignition, ran for 5 seconds as I moved it, then back off. again, recall the same thing with the M35.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: All dashboard lights, oil, engine, ABS, everything on while this is happening.
JA: Are you fixing your Q70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. 55K miles, has been flawless since I first sat in it. I have a local dealership to take it to and will do that for an oil change anyway, but because this happened to me with the M35, and only when I started and turned off again after moving it, I think its a simple fix. Might start when I get home tonight, but thought there was some reset or fix to it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it.
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Australia Car
11/22/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 12 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, this sound like the brake pedal switch, but I need to know if the brake lights work on not.

I solved this while waiting for the response. The car was simply flooded. A local mechanic diagnosed it from the same description, in 30 seconds. I thought it might be something easy to solve and thought I'd get a quick answer on this site. Hope I can get a refund on charges to my card, but won't for push that if it's just the $5. Thanks.
Now see I was charged $14.77 for no answer, after waiting several hours. I want this refunded please.
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager