Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Have a 2000 Mercedes A190. Fault Code 1886 has been

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your transmissions?
Customer: Have a 2000 Mercedes A190. Fault Code 1886 has been identified by an ECU Test. Apparently could be a couple of things...Downshift PWF Valve Pressure TOO LOW, 2-5-R Pressure too high or Faulty Shift Timing Solenoid. I'm wanting to get an idea of the cost of repairs
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The Car overall is in great condition...no engine or transmission leaks
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just had the ECU sent away for testing. I wouldn't be doing the work myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's my Daughter's car so just wanting some idea of the cost involved in removing the transmission and rectifying the problem
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure if my email address went through to you
***************
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the ecu comes back to be o.k. this may be the valve body in the transmission itself at fault as I have seen before.The valve body with its electronics may need replaced as an assembly and this can run around $1500 to $1700 in some cases to have repaired.You would want to have this tested further properly to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete