sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I am getting zero reaction when trying to start my Micra.

Customer Question

hi, I am getting zero reaction when trying to start my Micra. About two weeks ago I jump started it to move it out of the way. It had been sitting for weeks and had a pretty defunct battery. It started and I moved it then a week or so later I needed to move it a little more and tried to jump it again with no response. Today I bought a new battery but Instill cannot get a reaction , I even tried jumping with the new battery. The only thing that responds is a security light with sound, no lights, screens or anything and cannot move the gears
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no start condition and it will take some testing to determine what is going on. My information on this vehicle is limited but I would like to try to help seeing that your question has been up for an extended time without a response.

If the vehicle is essentially electrically dead then the problem has to be a battery, cable, power distribution or connection issue. Is there any corrosion on the inside of the battery terminals? Have you double checked the terminals to make sure they are clean and tight?