How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Australia Car
Satisfied Customers: 22692
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
Type Your Australia Car Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The replacement fuel sender is longer then the existing

Customer Question

The replacement fuel sender is longer then the existing sender. There is only 1 part number available for 1998 Lt 2500.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: All works well just that the gauge reads incorrectly. At a quarter tank it's actually empty
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's at the mechanic shop and we received an replacement part from the USA and they are telling us that there is only 1part number for this
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that the replacement part is longer than the existing sender which looks like it has been bent into place on the stem to fit. When we try to install the replacement part it is to long and wish to know if this is the correct part thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

I may be able to verify the part number of the replacement part but complete vehicle information was not posted with the question.

What model is the vehicle and what engine do you have? A VIN would be helpful.

Do you have the part number of the sender that you were given?