Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a ba falcon lpg. Starts fine but as it warms up it

Customer Question

Hi i have a ba falcon lpg. Starts fine but as it warms up it develops a miss an runs rough. Would replacing th stepper motor help or is this more an electrical fault ie coils etc
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input so I can help you better. is the engine light on or can you pull up any codes? if it does it when warmed up it could be a coil, spark plug or even a vacuum leak .You can easily check for vacuum leaks around the intake and throttle body with spraying throttle body cleaner around those areas and see if the rpms go up.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi thanks. A friend has the car. The harder you get into it the worse it runs. He seems to think its fuel starvation. It could be electrical tho. Not sure if any codes are up. He hasnt said. Just curious.

Thanx for that info, You can check for electrical brake down around wires and coils by removing any covers over the spark plugs wait till night ,run the engine and mist water over the wires and coils. If they are bad you will see sparks in the bad areas. But see if somone can check the ECU for any codes would help .