Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The door ajar symbol on the dash won't go out with all doors

Customer Question

the door ajar symbol on the dash won't go out with all doors shut I'm sure it is in the boot but not sure how to fix or troubleshoot??
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes it has only started this morning since i replaced rear bumber
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 ba falcon XT sedan
JA: Are you fixing your Falcon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've disconnected all wiring from boot and reconnected but nothing has changed i haven't done anything else I'm not sure where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i no at the moment
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check where the rear bumper was replaced and see if any wiring is found to be pinched or damaged in any way causing this fault since this only occurred after the bumper was replaced.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete