Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I can't get the Current Posted Speed Limit to display on my

Customer Question

I can't get the Current Posted Speed Limit to display on my RNS 850. I have asked the dealer and was told it wasn't available on that system in Australia. This is redicilous in a vehicle worth $90K + when it was available on the RNS 510 in my 2011 Passat. I know it is available on the same RNS 850 unit fitted to vehicles in UK and Europe! Please provide the information to enable this facility
JA: What year is your 850?
Customer: Sept 2015
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: VW Touareg V6
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i have looked at the manual, asked my local service department and been told it just does not have it in Aust, which seems odd.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this hereMy info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately some models do not come equipped with this feature here.I dont know why the manufacturer does this but they disable this feature on some of these which sounds to be the case on your model.

IN some cases a dealer can plug in their computer/scan tool to reprogram it to correct this and in most others unfortunately the dealers are unable to do this.I wish I had better news for you on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete