Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Nissan Terrano 1996 TD27, running fine when sent to shop,

Customer Question

Hi Nissan Terrano 1996 TD27 , running fine when sent to shop , Diesel pump leaking , reconditioned by shop Now misses at between half and full throttle or 3 to 3.5 rmp , they have checked the EUC , replaced the Govenor , now changed the pump to another one
no difference , check the air flow OK , any idea what this could be
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this issue only occurred when your vehicle was returned to you this sounds like a fault that they had caused.I would have them check electrical connections and components near the pump to see if anything was bumped loose or damaged in any way needing replaced here.I have found where one or more components can become bumped loose or damaged and cause this fault needing repaired,reconnected or replaced.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that what I had said to them in my last conversation may have bumped something anything else you can think of thankd
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Did they test the fuel injectors at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No but as I said the car was running fine
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,but when the pump was repaired or even replaced this corrected the leak which would have raised the fuel rail pressure and if any injectors are weak it may have caused an issue with one or more injectors to operate incorrectly now that they have the correct pressure.I have seen injectors act up like this before after a repair like this has been done.I would have the injectors tested to see if one or more are at fault needing replaced.

Other then the injectors the only other thing I can think of here is an issue with something that got bumped loose or damaged when the pump was repaired/replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete