Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I replaced 2 cv joints on a mazda 121 2002. the drivers side

Customer Question

hi there, I replaced 2 cv joints on a mazda(###) ###-#### the drivers side went in good, the passenger side was very difficuilt to install. the steering hub was very hard to bolt to the strut tower. when taking for a test drive it was knocking on that passenger side. Is there a left, right hand joint. I was going to take it apart tommorrow and try again.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: from the passenger side wheel, its only after replacing the cv joint
JA: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im fixing it myself, I did the exact procedure on the side. the only difference was it was very difficuilt to line up the holes of the steering hub to the strut tower
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thankyou
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  david craig replied 12 months ago.

Hi Im David, what I am understanding is that when you installed the passenger side halfshaft, it went into the transaxle end ok but it was difficult to get it to go into the wheelbearing/hub assembly? did you grease the hub really well before trying to install it? i hope you didnt try to force it on with a hammer or anything like that. sometimes you have to play with it a bit bt moving the hub back and forth until the teeth finally line up.

any luck?

Expert:  david craig replied 11 months ago.

do you still need assistance?