Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a 2016 Dmax and have a set of factory lights. i have

Customer Question
I have a 2016 Dmax...
I have a 2016 Dmax and have a set of factory lights.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: i have connected the fog lights to the original cable , I have found where the relay needs to be fitted but as my car is an SX I don't have the switch on the light stalk I can't find the wires that go to the relay coil
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2016 dmax hi ride SX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dual cab
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/15/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hello there,

I see you haven't been attended to as yet.

You will need to add an additional switch in a convenient location on the dash in place of one of the switch blank plates. It will then need to be wired to the foglamp relay.

Depends on how you want them to function as to which way it will be wired.

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have intentions to enable the switch when the parkers are on ie same function as models with lights fitted as standard option while using the fitted wiring system thanks

Hi again,

Are you using the foglamp relay in the underhood fusebox?

Or another separate relay?

Gary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I prefer to use the one in the fuse /relay board on left side engine bay as marked but not installed.
I have traced the relay coil but can't find where and what colour it is under the dash toward the indicator/ light stalk.
I am trying to find a wiring diagram just for that part of the lighting CCT as I will place a new panel switch to control the fog lights but use the standard wiring for controls.

I will see if the GM website will give me the circuit diagram later.

It would not allow it about 1/2 hour ago.

I think GM and Isuzu are near the same electricals.

Gary

Hi again,

Not the same car, but you can see how the fog lamp relay is grounded by the BCM.

Until we can locate a correct diagram, it would be best to do all of your installation, lamps etc, and get a Isuzu tech to wire the inside part.

Might be safer that way, and you won't blow up the BCM.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic