Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Have a nissan pathfinder 2003 model, has gas and fuel. but

Customer Question
it over heats, top hose...
have a nissan pathfinder 2003 model, has gas and fuel. but it over heats, top hose is hot as, but bottom hose is cold, i have removed termo which should make it st cold
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: have coolant, and no leaks at all,
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have flushed it by mechanic and tonight by myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well i brought the car and the heater hoses have been disconnected and there has been red coloured water when gets hot, and thermostat has been removed
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
10/8/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

We, (the experts) are only paid by your positive ratings.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Jerry, Master Mechanic