Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I HAVE ONE 18,000 KM HONDA FIT /JAZZ WITH ONE 1.3 LITRE

Customer Question
ENGINE MODEL L13B IVTEC EARTH...
I HAVE ONE 18,000 KM HONDA FIT /JAZZ WITH ONE 1.3 LITRE ENGINE MODEL L13B IVTEC EARTH DREAM
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION KEYLESS ENTRY
THE PROBLEM WITH THE CAR THAT ONE EVERY TWO TO THREE DAYS OR SO THE CAR FAIL TO START WHEN THE ENGINE IS COLD THOUGH THE ENGINE IS CRANKING ,BATERRY AND STARTER ARE ALL FINE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
10/9/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem is intermittent then it's more likely that you're losing spark due to something like a lost cam or crank sensor signal. Loss of fuel pressure will cause a no start condition but it wouldn't usually be intermittent. Either way it's going to take some testing at the time the problem is happening to determine what is going on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No codes is coming when the engine is not starting .we r using updated G Scan

The engine controller is actually awake during the no start condition?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can we check if the engine controller is on or not when starting the engine

Using the scan tool to see if the ECM shows live data.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already check that live data is present and see that the VTC Is open is that okay

The ECM does show live data during the no start period? You can see cam and crank signals present while cranking, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay when the engine fail to start i will check the cam and crank signals before reverting back to u this can be tomorrow or 1 week time depending on when the engine will not start again

If live data is still present then you'll want to see if the fuel pump still runs and it would be a good idea to also check for spark. If you're just losing fuel pump operation and spark is still present then you'd need to check for power and ground at the pump next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do that tomorrow and revert back soon .no worry I will rate your answer but it mat take a little longer as it will take time to confirm the solution

Not a problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you are welcome we get back soon

Great!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good aft as explain the car has started normally this morning i hv to wait when it will not starr to come bck to u .pls bear wz me for sonme days before u will be rated

Not a problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE CAR HAS STARTED NORMALLY THIS MORNING TOO
Ok.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hai good afternoon do u think a permanent dtc on the ecu can cause the engine to hv an erratic startSecond how can we permanently delete a permanent dtc on an honda fit 2013 ecu by using g scan

What fault code is setting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WE HAVE GOT U0100-00U0416-68U3000-49
U0401-68U0122-00WE HAVE HAD THESE FOUR CODES

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
YOU ARE WELCOME I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER

I'll reply as soon as I am able.

Have any parts been replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning no parts hv been replaced

Most of these are bus communication codes but the most significant is the U0300, this is for a configuration issue with the engine controller. It can be reprogrammed by your dealer, if the code still sets then it will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can we reprograme same ourselves

If you have a dealer scan tool and access to the corporate servers to download the software.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician