Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 magna 3.5 with a leak of coolant in the

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 2001 magna 3.5 with a leak of coolant in the inside.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And have you tested the actual mix of your coolant?

The hoses are just 3yo. What do you mean with test the mix?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Mitsubishi?

Magna tj executive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have called a mechanic, he's coming tomorrow but since I'm on a very tight budget and I have some experience I would like to remove as much stuff as I can before he cames

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
9/11/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

when you say coolant is leaking inside, then is it leaking into the cabin ? or in the middle of the engine under the inlet manifold or is it leaking internally?

is the coolant level dropping with no external leaks

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you