sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 Quattro was wondering if you know

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 Quattro was wondering if you know of any possible way to mute or disable the annoying beeping sound coming from the dashboard warning you about a gearbox malfunction issue?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the only way to disable that is to have the fault fixed, you will need to have the codes checked to see what the issue is. there is no quick way to stop this noise,. you will need to see a shop and get the codes and see what the issues are. hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're a genius! All I have to do is fix the problem is to have it fixed! Wow and you expect me to pay you for that? No way sorry
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

wow,

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i am not sure what you expected, that is very very very rude, i have no idea what your thoughts are concerning this. if you get me the fault code i can tell you what the issue is. there is NO need for that kind of response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude. I know what the problem is and how to fix the actual problem however that is not what I asked. I sked if you know of a way to silence or mute the warning beeping sound WITHOUT fixing the actual problem. Are you able to answer this question?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

there is no way. and in your original statement you said nothing about already knowing the malfunction. the noise and warning will remain on the dash, if you had a code scanner you can erase the code for the time being but it will always come back. but it will provide you with some silence in the meantime, Lou P.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You need to read my statement again then if that's the case. Clearly i'm asking if anyone knows how to mute or disable the beeping sound from the dashboard re gearbox malfunction issue. I didn't ask if anyone knows what the problem with the gearbox is. I'm looking for a specific answer about muting or silencing the sound and if it can be done. Thanks for your help but I already knew that answer.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

"Hi I have a 2010 Audi A5 2.0 Quattro was wondering if you know of any possible way to mute or disable the annoying beeping sound coming from the dashboard warning you about a gearbox malfunction issue??

where does it say you knew anything? i am not trying to argue, i am trying to help. my answer is what i last replied. you can erase the code for the time being and the light will go off, but it will eventually come back on with the warning. i really have no idea why you come here for help and then are on the offensive, i am not a shop trying to charge you 1000$ i am a guy trying to help you with your issue, and the more you post like you have been, the less i want to help and the harder it will be to get help from anyone.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

i wish you the best, ***** ***** opt out once again. if you only knew that i was trying to help. best wishes,.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

As mentioned there is not a way to disable the chime that alerts you there is something on the instrument cluster that needs your attention. The only way to not have the chime would be to repair the problem turning the warning on.