Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a 944 Porsche 1983 model. It was sitting for 3 years

Customer Question
I have a 944 Porsche...
I have a 944 Porsche 1983 model.
It was sitting for 3 years and it would not start. It was confirmed the fuel pump was faulty so I had Porsche workshop to fix it. $1000 later the car was running with me supplying a new fuel. 2 cylinders were not working 2 and 3 It had a new DME relay new spark plugs and leads changed. It worked but I noticed the brakes did not work and needed pumping.
I took it home and when I went to drive it again it misfired and could not be driven.
I had it checked out again and took it to another Porsche mechanic.
He replaced the injectors and the electrics to the injectors, distributor cap, leads and spark plugs. Everything as per computer Porsche fault diagnosis which included new fuel removing lead off the brake booster, compression test but still could not fix.
It still did exactly the same thing I took it into be repaired for so I told the mechanic to put all the original injectors electrics back as they made no difference and the charge was $1200
Now it starts and runs but still only runs on 1 and 4 cylinders at about 200rpm.
When I push the accelerator to 1000rpm the others seem to work.
Please help me as I don't want to keep all the Porsche mechanics in business working on my car.
Thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
9/7/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the wiring was not checked on top of the engine as well as running to the injectors and coils and ignition components this needs done to see if any issues are found.If any issues are found with the wiring this will need repaired to correct this fault here.I have seen this as one of the main causes for a running issue like this here as wiring can corrode or become brittle and break as the vehicle sits and can cause this fault.

If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete,
The wiring, spark plugs, distributor cap and leads have all be replaced and it has made no difference.
Even the ECU has been changed and no difference. The compression has been checked and is good.
Fuel rate of delivery, fuel replaced, new fuel filter etc has been checked with no problems with the fuel system.
I have had 3 Porsche mechanics make their opinion on this and none of them can say what is causing this problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

AU Auto Mechanic: heavy_chevy_396, Car Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
heavy_chevy_396
heavy_chevy_396, Car Enthusiast

Check for spark and see if it will start up and run for a few seconds with starting fluid.

heavy_chevy_396
heavy_chevy_396
heavy_chevy_396, Car Enthusiast