Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Immobiliser not allowing car to start. Have replaced and…

Customer Question
Immobiliser not allowing car...

Immobiliser not allowing car to start. Have replaced and reprogrammed new key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?

2007 mitsubishi colt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Battery and terminals replaced. Key replaced and reprogramed from dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

Problem starting was intermittant , would crank but not fire. Then one day not start at all. battery and terminals replaced. New key programed. Mechanic diagnosed fault as immobiliser locked on.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
8/25/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be caused by a fault with the immobilizer itself not reading the key needing replaced as I have seen before in the past or the control unit/ecu itself for the immobilizer.If you have not had the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set this needs done.Any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If you have checked for codes and no codes were set let me know so we can continue or if you know the code post it here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician