Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2004 Outback heater fan wouldn't turn off. This is the fan

Customer Question

2004 Outback heater fan wouldn't turn off.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: This is the fan inside the interior of the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected and reconnected battery and all ok. Why did it happen in the first instance?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Could be associated with a hot starting issue. Intermittent fault. Have had battery, charging and starting system checked, found all ok, but car will start again with a booster battery.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Unplug the switch, does it turn off? Also check the blower motor resistor it may be shorted to power.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

The two most common problems for this is the switch, wiring or the resistor block.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doesn't really help me as problem has not happened again and hot starting issue has not reoccurred.
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Ok I will opt out and see if another expert has any ideas. No need to reply to this as it will lock it back to me and others will not be able to view it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't heard from anyone else so would like a refund