Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

We have reinstall a Bosch VE diesel pump to a 1998 321D

Customer Question
Mercedes Sprinter Van. Are...
We have reinstall a Bosch VE diesel pump to a 1998 321D Mercedes Sprinter Van. Are you able to advise if we set the timing at 12 BTDC or do we work from TDC to tune the pump?
And what is the measurement on the dial indicator that we have to set it to.
This is the first time we have attempt to tune a pump at our Workshop?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
7/27/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this info can be difficult to obtain and may need obtained from a dealer or repair center that works on this model here.I have seen where in some cases they may not charge a fee for this info or may charge a small fee.If this is not an option for you at all here or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already paid A$74 and have not got an answer to the question that I asked? expect something for my money? I should not have to pay any more money for the information.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At the time that I paid the money I was advised that I would receive an email as well in relation to the answer, however I have not received that either. Dave

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Dave, My name is***** will be glad to help with this. Experts are not employees of the site but users of the site like yourself. I have a repair business and help on here in between jobs as time allows. What is the complete engine model and serial number from the ID tag on the engine so I can be sure to grab you the correct timing information for your engine model and serial number?

AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi Dave, Did you get this resolved?

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson