Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I have a 2014 Subaru WRX MY15 Manual. I am continually

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Subaru WRX MY15 Manual. I am continually having problems with the alarm system & immobiliser. I can lock/unlock the car but I'm NOT hearing the alarm activate/deactivate so I will never know If I will be able to start my car. In the past I had to get the wire loom associated with the alarm replaced because it was too short & had pulled out. I have also heard that the loom can have problems with loose connectors as well. Where will I find this wire loom so I can check it??
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leon,

Is Subaru still using the additional Brandt immobilizer?

I had mine removed from a 2002 WRX.

Where is your keypad mounted?

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I won't know about the Brandt immobiliser ... the WRX didn't come with any keypad mounted. It has keyless entry & button to start the car. All you have to have is the key ring with the buttons so you can lock/unlock the car ... open the boot. With this key ring the car system can sense that it is you when you try to open one of the front doors or the boot. Normally when you do so the car alarm will deactivate with a beep ... the same happens when locking. None of the beeping is happening when you lock/unlock the car now. The car alarm indicator light which normally flashes when locked isn't.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leon,

I would say Subaru is not using the early additional system now, it was good in the day, but very prone to failure.

You car should still be under warranty.

You need to get the dealer to look at it.

Does your second key do the same thing?

Is the second key kept away from the car?

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks BUT I have had to get the car back to Subaru. They already tried to fix this by changing the wire loom to the alarm. It looks like now they need to everything to do with the alarm. They were up front about it so at least they are NOT pretending that there isn't any problems. So anyway ... it's in there hands now.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leon,

I love Subaru for their honesty, they are always upfront.

I have owned 3, and some things I can't do, so they do it for me.

I am quite sure they will sort your car, and warranty should pay for it.

Kind regards.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leon,

I hope Subaru has fixed your car by now, and you have many happy days of motoring ahead.

Kind regards

Gary