Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

1998 daewoo nubira engine cuts out while driving. Have been

Customer Question

1998 daewoo nubira engine cuts out while driving. Have been told its the coil pack. Could this be possible
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Manual transmission. 156000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just purchased the car. Yes myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The car can be started by holding a wire near the battery terminal and near the coil pack when one of the spark plug leads is removed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Yes absolutely this is a very common failure as they heat up the then short out and cut out and will not allow spark again until it cools off..This is where you need to focus next.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated..Im here if you need any further assistance.