Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I am having alot of problems with my holden omega, what

Customer Question

Hi there, I am having alot of problems with my holden omega, what happens if you jumpstart your car from the battery and not the motor? What problems can occur? If my car wont turn over when you start it and you have bought a batteries and the key wont open doors, boot etc. What can it be the alternator please help!
JA: An old Jeep Grand Cherokee. Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature? What year is your Holden Omega?
Customer: Yes it does have a wheel lock and the cars a 2006 Ve
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We have put in a new motor which is around a year old. Bout 2 batteries in the past 2yrs and taken it to holden saying they said nothing was wrong, could it be the coil packs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I know VE very well, is you battery not holding charge, difficult to start etc?

There is a reason to jump start from the engine bay.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Do you need any further help?

VE is known for battery positive cable issues at the firewall bulkhead.

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary