Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Took my 2007 triton to mechice it was blowing smoke when you reved it up. The manifold was blocked he also said...

Customer Question
Took my 2007 triton to...
Took my 2007 triton to mechice it was blowing smoke when you reved it up . The manifold was blocked he also said the turbo was on its way so hecleaned the manifold took it for a test run turbo blew put new turbo in wont start been to deisel fuel pump and injector place every thin is fine there now its been at mitsubishi dealer for 11 days still wont start .
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mitsubishi. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: I have had trouble with manifold every 3years to the month
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
6/1/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

a burst or loose pipe will result in over fuelling and black smoke as you describe

If this Ok then it could be a major engine sensor such as the airflow meter or cam position sensor has failed so that the ECU is now overfuelling or injecting at the wrong point and resulting in poor combustion.

The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

Another possibility is that the fuel filter is blocked so resulting in low fuel pressure and again poor combustion - replace the filter in any case as diesels are very sensitive to this

also check how much oil is going through the breather by popping off the intake hose in front of the turbo and checking for oil deposits. Diesels will run off engine oil so this could also be making it rich

If its been overfilled with oil it will also produce surging as the oil finds its way back into the engine

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer