Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Nissan Navara 2.5L S/Cab MT ABS/Air Bag Turbo : Engine

Customer Question

Nissan Navara 2.5L S/Cab MT ABS/Air Bag Turbo
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Engine YD25393714T, Just replaced Turbo charger and EGR Valve. Still Emitting black smoke.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Wash silencer of exhaust, and replaced turbocharger and EGR valve.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Manufacture year was 2012.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you

you mentioned that it is STILL emitting black smoke ? so was this the reason of the turbo and egr valve replacement ?

can you tell me how many miles ?

is check eng light on dash ON or any other warning lights ?

have you done a diagnostic scan and retrieved any codes if you did what are they ?

can you tell me of any prior work done to that u know of , or you first owner ?

let me know please

Thank you

Chad F

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last Complaint was Black smoke emitting while driving on the road.
Check found turbo silencer Oil dripping and found turbo was running up will oil so decided replaced turbo.
EGR Valve tested found spoiled due to valve jammed due to too many carbon.
After Replace Turbo charger and EGR valve, vehicle on road and come back with same complaint.
Check found still Emitting black smoke while driving on the road.
Mileage :153467 KM
No Engine Warning Light On.
No diagnosis tools to performed diagnosis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS:The Oil dripping from turbo was from the air charge flow toward inlet manifold there was a silencer/filter after turbo & before inlet manifold, it was full with oil.

and now way to get a code reader to perform diagnostic ?

did you pull spark plugs and check them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was the Technical Officer of Kok Tong Construction Engineeering Pte. Ltd. Our Company have many Nissan Navara single deck, they always came back for washing silencer of exhaust pipe when found emitting black smoke. After wash it will be OK.
But for these one special case due to washed many times but still the same problem the black smoke continue emitting after wash Exhaust Silencer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a diesel engine bro. Does it have spark plug?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicle now is on the road due to not enough vehicle to be used. Will check it out when it come back.

i will opt out since its diesel and let another expert help you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our company still out of source to find a multiple diagnosis tools set. Any good brand recommendation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our company uphold Mitsubishi Triton, Nissan Navara Single deck,and Isuzu single deck. If have any good recommend of diagnosis tools for us will much more appreciate.

snap on , otc , launch , at least here in the u.s

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to find in Singapore.

Get one ebay you should find some there , like the launch pad that is what i use , it has a wireless OBDII connection) even a pre owned one will be good , if you have access to ebay

Sorry could not help you with the truck , but another Expert will jump in and help you since I opt out.

Thanks & good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can and thanks will wait for next adviser.

ok thank you

hey man how are you , did that truck ever came back in for service , I see no expert picked up your call yet

did you find a scanner yet ?