Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Hav recently purchased a second hand 2000 pajero io tr

Customer Question
Hi pearl hav recently purchased...
Hi pearl hav recently purchased a second hand 2000 pajero io tr sport,the problem im having is when headlights are on they shortout when using indicators and high beam and end up losing headlights bit sketch wen driving at night..is the indicator/headlight unit faulty???as they all run off the indicator lever
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No sorry Havnt looked yet ,problem only just happened .is it an easy fix
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mitsubishi Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Was looking at talkn to the mitsubishi mechanic first..if its an easy fix wil try do it myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: Its a jap import...first registered in nz in 2009..it also idles a little rough everynow and then
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
6/1/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the multi function switch/turn signal itself as I have seen this fail internally causing this issue here or a fault with a loose or damaged ground needing replaced.I have seen both cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.This will have to be checked/tested further to be sure of the component at fault causing this issue then repaired/replaced from there to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician