sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I was changing the driver door panel led light on my 2005

Customer Question

Hi i was changing the driver door panel led light on my 2005 Rb1 jap import odssey and something shot,now the headlight on beeping sound is gone plus all car wont respond to any interior light through driver door entry plus car locks itself even key in ignition if driver door still open.i guess its something to do with driver door,checked all fuse's and they fine,iam guessin its driver side multiplex control unit?where is this located in the vechile and how can this be fixed thanks?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Poped by an auto electrian during there closing hours and with a quick check all the fuse was okay,power supply to door was okay,he mentiond some control unit on these models for each doors,was ment to drop off the car for a day as he reckons they mite have to pull apart and track the problem down.never got around to that and its been 3 years now,found a similar car been dismantled for parts and buying the firm fitted stereo tomorrow as mine the screen gone blank,stereo/reverse camera visual very minimum so while iam at the dismantler i mite grab the driver door multi complex unit if thats causing the problem
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's definitely possible that the door module has failed but it may also be missing a power or ground, if the problem happened as a result of work that was done then I would first suspect a blown fuse but would hope that a technician would not overlook a blown fuse.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?
Have you checked fuses yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all fuses has been checked by me at time of incident plus by the auto electrician,reagarding the grounding i prity sure the electrician did check it out,is door module same as multiplexer unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does door module failure gotta do with no alerting/beeping if the headligths are been turned on,understand no driver door alert sign on dash and interior ligth not turning on while accessing through driver door if door module is failed,sorry about all this questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a blown fuse at the time as it was dark when i was feedling around with door led bracket which caused headligths blanked out and i end up foiling the blown fuse to get it going.

What fuse was blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been 3 years years since it happened but from the memory it was the fuse for interior ligths for sure but not too sure bout headligths.

Do the interior lights work now when you open other doors or turn them on from the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other doors are fine with the operational to ligths,its jus the diver door that is not responding.

Do you have access to a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have access to much tools,only came here to get an answer what mite bd the problem as a dismantler herd in Auckland got the same car being dismantled and iam buying few stuffs of him so thougth get an answer if you and buy either the door module or multiplexer unit if either 1 of them have failed.

If you don't have the ability to do electrical testing and fuses are good then yes, I would recommend replacing the door module (door multiplex unit).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will pick 1 up today and post when installed

Great!