Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a 2011 2500hd duramax, truck wil start then stall,

Customer Question
have to prime fuel filter...
I have a 2011 2500hd duramax, truck wil start then stall, have to prime fuel filter to get it to start, replaced seals in filter, but still the same problem. seems worse when tank is low on diesel.
cheers Rick.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
5/23/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
Kevin Bourcier
hello . how are you today ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Kevin, good thanks, ***** ***** my late reply, have been working all day and some of the night.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuel filter now sits a bit above the height of the alternator, this is because the truck is now right hand drive. I meant to say that I replaced the seals in the filter housing. the truck has done about 30,000 miles. I have heard that this is a common problem,
would a lift pump help solve the issue ?
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin Bourcier,
 replied 1 year ago
hello . no problem . I have seen this issue before . What I suggest you do is inspect the fuel line and all the fittings between the Fuel tank and the Fuel filter housing . What we typically do is pressure the fuel system at the tank filler and watch for fuel to leak . Often the fuel system ( lines ) can have a very small leak that can allow air to enter but not large enough that under normal conditions to allow fuel to leak out which would make the problem much more obvious of course .
Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic