Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Changed a Nissan n16 8/2004 fuel pump after market. had it

Customer Question

changed a Nissan n16 8/2004 fuel pump after market. had it pressure tested . new pump at idling showed 54 psi it has been suggested to me that it should be idling at about 42 psi. just wondering what your thoughts on it, as in will it cause damage to the injectors and o rings. I have been told car will be ok to run at that pressure by the suppler of the new pump Is it?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be happy to assist you. The fuel pump delivers the fuel pressure to the fuel rail but after that, the fuel rail the pressure is regulated by the Fuel Pressure Regulator .So you should have no issues as far as injectors or O ring blowing.Hope that answers your Question.IF I was helpful to you, A 5 STAR POSITIVE RATING IS APPRECIATED.Thank you

Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 1 year ago.

hello . I will try to help you with this .