Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a 2003 escape and I was driving home when the o/d light

Customer Question
flashed. I now have no...
I have a 2003 escape and I was driving home when the o/d light flashed. I now have no drive in any selection. if I leave the car for about an hour it will move in each selection once ie about 10 secs then nothing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
5/19/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hi , sorry to hear about your car problems . Can ask a few questions regarding the car ,it will help me guide u in the right direction is it 2wd or 4wd and are you referring to nothing as the car will not move forward or backwards when you apply the gaz pedal ? thanks
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds like you have a restricted trans filter. When a filter becomes restricted either from lack of periodic maintenance or with debris from component failure, it will restrict proper flow. When the debris becomes great enough it will cause a drop in line pressure, eventually it can cause the transmission to disengage completely.When the engine is shut off then some of the debris from the filter will release, falling back to the pan or in suspension in the fluid. This will allow the trans to engage a short time again when the engine is restarted, until the restriction becomes too great again.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician