Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Mazda CX5 2013 model. The keys have both now stopped

Customer Question

I have a Mazda CX5 2013 model. The keys have both now stopped working. The first time we advised the dealer while it was having a service and they took both keys and did something like reprogrammed them. Now the second key had stopped working. Can you please tell me what to do
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: We run out of warranty in about 1 month. I don't have time to go back to the dealer with this problem as they are a*****away. Can I fix it myself?
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: No other than this problem we have had a good run. It has only done just over 30,000 kms in the time we brought it from new. It is a Mazda CX5 Akera Diesel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you have not replaced the batteries in the key/remote I would start with this to see if this resolves the issue here.If this is or has already been done and did not correct the issue let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer Pete. I thought the batteries were replaced in both keys, but when I checked my bill for the last service, there is only one battery listed. When we went to pick up the car after the service, the office guy asked for the second key, which had been working fine, and they used this key to 're-program' (not sure now what technical word they used) the first key with the flat battery. Since sending you my question, I have found on the internet how to start the car if the key battery is flat. I have done this twice now. So I should probably get a replacement battery to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I would start with the battery and see if this resolves the issue here.If this does not work let me know so we can continue from here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete