Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Holden Captiva: Having trouble getting dash out of car to change

Customer Question

Having trouble getting dash out of car to change heater core car is Holden Captiva 2008
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the column out of the way?If you do believe everything is out of the way and unbolted, it may still feel held in by three plastic locating lugs across the front that you can not access.A good sharp tug will allow it come out.A big job for someone at home.I've done a few, I don't think you will find a video.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the window screen vent cover need to come off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
No, you don't need to touch the windscreen or any trim.The first one I did in 2007 I had the same trouble, and although we could see how it works, didn't want to break anything.We ordered a screen and moulding, had the screen cutout, then we could see the 3 lugs.They are datum pins, and hold the panel before the bolts go in.Have taken the passengers air bag out?Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can l ring you or you ring me
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leigh,About to have family dinner.You can ring me on(###) ###-####after 7.30 tonight if you like.I'm in Brisbane.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will do
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leigh,I have had a read of SI.There is a bolt each side at the base of the A pillar, top of dash, small trim covers the bolt.Have you taken out all the little bolts that hold the panel to the frame?The steel work behind doesn't come with the panel, too hard to do it that way.We'll also talk tomorrow.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leigh,As above, there are a lot of screws behind the all the facia panels, knee bolster, glovebox assembly etc.All vents out, radio, HVAC panel etc.Ring anytime if you like.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leigh,How did you go with the dash removal? I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regards Gary