Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

My names ***** *****. I've got a '95 EF FAIRMONT. We've

Customer Question
Hi my names ***** *****...
Hi my names ***** *****. I've got a '95 EF FAIRMONT. We've done plugs, leads, coil pack, battery, checked fuses, & 2nd hand 'dizzy/module' but still no spark. I've been looking at other peoples posts & they're talking bout the ECU, is that the computer on the passenger side kick board please ??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's turning over but no spark is coming through to the plugs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
4/21/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the crank sensor for loss of signal or faulty sensor
AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
A failed crank sensor will cause the coils not to fire from no speed signal
AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
If the check engine light is coming on with the key on then the ECU is communicating but this does not eliminate it as a possible problem. Do you have access to a scan tool to see if it will connect and read the ECU for potential fault codes? If so let me know what you have for codes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I check the crank angle sensor please
AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Your options are to monitor it with a scan tool connected that reads live data and see if you have engine RPM reading while cranking the engine over and also see if there is any tachometer response. If you do not have access to a scan tool then some just replace the sensor as they are inexpensive. the proper way is with a scan tool that reads live data
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No worries thank you we're checking that now & any further questions I will be in touch shortly thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So because of everything else we have replaced, replacing th sensor is the best way to go you think ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeh because no I don't have access to a scan tool is all, thank you
AU Auto Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Be sure to test all your fuses and relays as well to be sure your Ignition circuit and ECU is powering and if so then yes a comon cause of no spark if the coils are good is a bad crank sensor. I am logging out for the night as it is 1AM EST here and I have to be up early. We can follow up as needed though if you need further help.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson