Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mazda b2500 Diesel. Problem is engine starts and runs fine

Customer Question

Mazda b2500 Diesel. Problem is engine starts and runs fine until 2500rpm then starts missing and blows white smoke. If I drive ute the problems gets progressively worse until it stops completely. Then I start it again off you go until it starts happening again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have replace main filter and cleaned filter on injection pump, cleaned fuel lines, diesel tank and water trap. Still happens though. any answers?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common issue I have seen is a fault with one or more fuel injectors allowing to much fuel into the cylinders.This can occur after running the engine for a bit like this here.If you are not burning or losing any engine oil or coolant I suspect one or more of the fuel injectors is at fault here needing replaced to correct this issue.I would have the fuel injectors tested to see if for sure this is the cause here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete