Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

AUDI RS4 B7 THROTTLE BODY FAULT CODE AFTER 1 HOUR DRIVING,

Customer Question

hi AUDI RS4 B7 THROTTLE BODY FAULT CODE AFTER 1 HOUR DRIVING
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WHICH COUNTRY YOU IN
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: resetting body
JA: Is there anything else the Audi Mechanic should be aware of about your Audi?
Customer: DONE 200,000 KMS
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not tried to clean the carbon build up from the throttle body bore and bore plate this should be done.In some cases carbon build up can cause this fault here needing cleaned then the relearn or reset done to correct this.

If this has been done and still did not correct this here then the throttle body itself will need replaced to correct this fault in most cases.I would have this checked/tested further to be sure but I have had to replace the throttle body before for throttle body issues similar to this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete