Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

From Australia with a starting problem with 2004 Hyundai

Customer Question

Hi. I am Bob from Australia with a starting problem with 2004 Hyundai Terracan CRDI
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the starter motor is not engaging to crank over the engine or if the engine is cranking over but not starting it is possible the key itself is at fault here or the immobilizer itself is at fault and isnt reading the key signal causing this.What needs to be done from here is to have a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to read out all fault codes set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen the key fail as well as the immobilizer that reads the key but this may be another component like a crank sensor or fuel pump fault as well so this will need to be tested further to locate and correct the issue first having codes checked.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete