Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Driving my ssangyong kyron 2 litre 2008 automatic today The

Customer Question

driving my ssangyong kyron 2 litre 2008 automatic today The hdc light was on red and the engine check indicator was on The gears would not change and although the vehicle was in park the gear lever would not move into the park position There was a type of tapping under the gear selector housing and the gear selector light was flashing the intrument lights and the temp guage where flicking ack and foward also when driving the gears would not change
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a possible electrical fault causing all of these issues here.I have seen issues with loose or damaged or corroded battery cables at the battery or leading from the battery that can cause this issue here with all of these as well as a failing electronic ignition switch or a control unit/ecu at fault internally needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set using a scan tool fully compatible with your model here or a computer fully compatible with your model here to see what codes are set then from there those codes diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete