Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

This must have happened some one else at the moment all

Customer Question

this must have happened some one else
at the moment all gears line up according to nissan manual but not at t.d.c. turning crank very carefully it touches valve at about 30% after t.d.c.
do i undo cams so it doesnt contact valves and turn crank till all gears line up correctly then.. reconnect cams in correct position. Am i on the right track Havent got back to u have been in peter macallum since the 17th feb. Am writing this from hospital
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may have to obtain the timing info from a repair facility or dealer that works on this model here.In some cases they may provide this to you at no charge or for a small fee.This is usually the best way to get the correct timing info when no one else has replied here.If you want to wait and see if anyone else can get this info for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cams are out of synk with the other gears.
. If i do whats in my question Will that get it all lined up again. Fuel pump, idler gear 1, crankshaft gears, idler 2. What do u think?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you can obtain the timing info on how to set this up here this should correct this issue all together.As long as the pistons have not hit the valves in the head then you should be o.k.

Thanks Pete