Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a kia grand carnival 2007 model and it starts to

Customer Question
Hi, i have a kia...
Hi, i have a kia grand carnival 2007 model and it starts to shake after i start it up and it that check engine light comes up aswel.
I got my mechanic to check it and he said it was misfiring on cylinders 2,4,6 so hes changed those and still got the same problem.
So hes had the computer checkd and thats come and still got that shake.
Please help me i dont no what to do now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
3/1/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model uses a catalytic converter for each side of the engine/each bank (cylinders 1,3 and 5 and then cylinders 2,4 and 6) if the catalytic converter is plugged up for cylinders 2,4 and 6 this will cause this fault here.I would have an exhaust back pressure test done to see if this is the cause here.If found to have excessive back pressure then the affected catalytic converter needs replaced.If this does not have a separate catalytic converter for each bank of cylinders I would have the fuel injectors tested to see if they are operating properly on cylinders 2,4 and 6 as this will cause this issue as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete