Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

The cruise control drops out when I hot a bump or bumps. And…

Customer Question
The cruise control drops...

The cruise control drops out when I hot a bump or bumps. And also, the manual shift drops out when I go down a hill using the gears to brake. Why ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Its a BA Falcon ute. 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, I have replaced the brake light switch and also the Cruise control swithces on the steering wheel. No change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I also took apart all the console and replaced the shift quadrant/mechanism as the annalyser siad my manual shift switch had gone.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

That was a big job ! It still drops the manual shift out sometimes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/29/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

These faults here may be related to each other.Check for any loose,damaged or corroded wiring connections at the battery or leading from the battery as this can cause this type of fault here.Check at the fuse panels as well for any loose or damaged connections.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I've done all that. What a waste of $40.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete